Confluence "Share" Button To Open Search Of Slack Channels / Users?

Gail June 1, 2022

Hi All.  I am our Jira and Confluence admin, but I have never seen this before in Confluence and cannot find specific articles on the web.    A user tells me they used to be able to click the blue SHARE button on a confluence page and have a popup for slack channel or slack user show instead of the normal (see attached).   Unfortunately she doesn't have a screenshot of what the button USED to do, and I just started as admin.

I don't think they are referring to Confluence slack notifications and subscriptions so I am stumped.

Any feedback is appreciated.   Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 2.01.32 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hi Gail, 

Thanks for your question! I'm the product manager looking after the 'Share to Slack' feature which your team mate was referring to.

• In Jira, the feature is now available to nearly all customers
  • In Confluence, the feature has been temporarily rolled back

---

Confluence will be rolling out a significantly improved sharing experience soon, as per this update here: New page sharing experience, coming soon to Confluence Cloud.

Given this major, upcoming change we decided to temporarily rollback 'Share to Slack' to ensure our customers learn and adapt to this new, core sharing experience. 'Share to Slack' will return to Confluence in the months after these core changes

I hope this answers your question.

Jason

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events