Confluence - problems adding user to a space

Carolyn Howie February 11, 2015

Silly question - but we have a User who can log in to our Confluence OK and in the past has been added as a user to specific spaces. They can still see and update those spaces.  But when we try to add the user to another space their name does not appear in the combo-box.  Their name does appear in the User Maintenance Screen and their details look OK. - Any ideas why they can not be added to any additional Spaces.  Other users on the system can still be added to the spaces - just not this user. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2015

Hey Carolyn,

Can you give me a bit more information about your user management? I mean, are you using the internal directory or an external one like LDAP?

From your description two possible culprits came to my mind:

1. Corrupted index. Please check the following KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch
  2. This Bug (which has a workaround): https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28615

Let me know your Confluence version as well, in case none of these links help you on this issue.

Regards,

Eduardo

0 votes
Carolyn Howie February 18, 2015

Hi Eduardo,

Just to let you know the rebuild has addressed the issue,

Thanks again for your help

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Carolyn :)

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2015

Hey Carolyn, just to let you know that marking my answer as the correct one might help other users that are facing the same problem to find the fix faster, so that's a good practice for any questions you received a correct answer. :)

0 votes
Carolyn Howie February 18, 2015

Thanks Eduardo,

We are using LDAP.

I don't think it is the second option you suggested as the user in question is able to login to the system and access other Spaces.  We just can not assign them to new spaces.

I am going to try to rebuild the index and see if that addresses the issue.

Carolyn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events