Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence-powered doc available via Service Desk search?

Sharon Metzger June 8, 2017

We currently have Jira Service Desk that connects to an external-facing Confluence instance for knowledge base articles. I would like to publish the entire product doc set on that external Confluence instance, but would want to have each product's doc in a space separate from the KB space. I can certainly publish those spaces and point customers to the topics directly. But I would like to have Service Desk users be able to search all of the content -- product doc and KB. 

Is there a way to do this, given that JSD only points to one (KB) space? Is there a good way to hop from JSD's search box to a portal that searches all the available spaces on that Confluence? 

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

For now, you can only tight one JIRA Service Desk portal to one Confluence space.. However, this is not a tested solution but it may work : 

On JIRA Service Desk you can create as many portal/project that you want. If you have several portals, they will be grouped under the "help center"  (it's like one level higher of the portal because it groups all the portal together). So if you tight your portals to other spaces, and that you provide your customer with the link of the help center (it will probably be https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals instead of https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2), it seems that when you type in the search bar it searches for all the request types and all the knowledge bases. You'll just need to give the permissions to your customers on all the projects, and create no requests types in other projects so no tickets will come from there. 

Let me know if it worked ! 

Hermance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events