Confluence - perform search union by search engine

Jean-François RIOU June 22, 2020

Hi all, 

I'd like to use the confluence search engine to search not only in Confluence but also in file directories on a specific server. I want the result to be the search in Confluence and in these directories. I want a global search. Is that possible ? And how ?

It seems the Confluence search engine would be limited to Confluence (that is not illogic!).

Is there a possibility to link Lucene to additional directories ? or the other way around to configure an external crawler in Confluence on Confluence data and files on separate directories ?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2020

@Jean-François RIOU 

This is not possible with confluence standard functionality.
You probably have the server version. I would look in the apps to see if there was anything.

Jean-François RIOU June 22, 2020

Thanks

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2021

Hi Jean-Francois,

iFinder Confluence Search is the solution you are looking for. You can start directly with a trial.

You will find more information at our atlassian community article.

Please contact us at atlassian@intrafind.com if you need more information or if you like to get a demo first.

Best

Robby

0 votes
Anne-Kathrin Menzel January 19, 2021

Hi Jean-Francois, 

regarding your search problem I would recommend you to have a look on our plugin - see here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222773/intergator-search-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

On our website you'll also find further information --> https://www.intergator.de/en/solutions-and-showcases/use-cases-with-intergator/enterprise-search-atlassian-confluence/ 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards, 

Anne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events