Confluence pages cannot be moved to a new location.

All our company accouts cannot move any pages in confluence.

Emergency, Thanks a lot.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Jul 25, 2013

If by any chance you are running the OnDemand version of Confluence, I believe you are facing a problem that was triggered by a newly discovered BUG - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29865. Fortunately, there is a workaround available which consists on disabling the 'Default Space Logo' setting in your instance (Confluence Admin -> Default Space Logo).

0 votes
Hello there, It is possible that you might have hit into this known issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Move+Pages+with+Attachments. The resolution is included in the article.

but the question is all the pages (including which is without attachment) cannot move by any account. Could you help me?

Let's try to narrow down the possible cause. Can you create a fresh space (Using the default Global Look and Feel theme), with a fresh page, and try the following?:

1. Navigate to Confluence Admin >> Plugins and Enable Safe Mode.
  2. Navigate to Confluence Admin >> Themes, and select the Default Theme as the current theme.
  3. Navigate to Confluence Admin >> Layouts and reset all custom layouts to default (but make sure to make a backup of the custom layouts first!, by editing the layout, and copy pasting it to a text editor, to avoid losing your customizations) - Note that we do not support customizations via Atlassian Support
  4. Navigate to Confluence Admin >> Custom HTML, and make sure that you do not have any Custom HTML added to Confluence. If there are, edit and save them into a text editor as a backup, and remove all of them.
  5. Navigate to Confluence Admin >> Stylesheet, save all custom CSS into a text editor and remove all of them.

After each step, please do try to edit the page in the fresh space and page to see if the problem still persists. Then proceed to the next step, so on and so forth.
Kind Regards,
JIng Hwa

Thank you

I've workarounded the question by

Bruno Rosa [Atlassian] · 1,352 karma · yesterday

If by any chance you are running the OnDemand version of Confluence, I believe you are facing a problem that was triggered by a newly discovered BUG - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29865. Fortunately, there is a workaround available which consists on disabling the 'Default Space Logo' setting in your instance (Confluence Admin -> Default Space Logo).

Did you mean another space? If you you need permissions in both spaces.

Only in the same space, thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

338 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you