Confluence page wont load after domain name change

TheKingArthas January 2, 2019

We have both JIRA and Confluence installed on our company, both connected to a MS SQL Server. A few weeks ago to perform an intranet domain name change (from "mydomain" to "mydomain.intra").

After changing the associate user to the JIRA service installation, JIRA load as normal, but I couldnt manage to do this on Confluence.

Any idea?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TheKingArthas January 8, 2019

Dears, thanks all your answers.

After a few more hours I was able to solve this issue.

I edited the file "confluence.cfg.xml" located at "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\"

In this file, I modifiy the field "jdbc:sqlserver://MYSQLSERVER.MYDOMAIN;databaseName=MYDB;instanceName=MYINSTANCE</" to "jdbc:sqlserver://MYSQLSERVER.MYDOMAIN.INTRA;databaseName=MYDB;instanceName=MYINSTANCE</"

Thanks all!

0 votes
Federico De Luca January 8, 2019

<deleted>

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hi Federico, happy new year!

When you changed the intranet domain names, did you also update the DNS records? In other words, is the Confluence URL accessible by Ping?

Also, you mentioned that Jira loads normally, but Confluence does not. Can you provide either a screenshot or some more details about the error that you get when you access Confluence?

Claudiu

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Federico,

Is the domain you changed the base URL of Jira / Confluence, or are you saying that you changed the database URL on the MS SQL Server?

If you need to change the Confluence Base URL, you can do so following this article:

You mentioned you already changed the associate user to Jira service installation. I apologize, but I don't understand what that means. Can you please clarify exactly what you've done so far?

Regards,

Shannon

TheKingArthas January 3, 2019

@Shannon Sthanks for your repsonse.

Let me explain you my topology:

I have my Atlassian products installed in 3 virtual machines.

VM1: MS SQL Server installation with JIRA and Confluence databases.

VM2: JIRA application (with JIRA home)

VM3: Confluence application.

All 3 VMs have Windows 7 installed as OS.

What we changed is that, for example vm1.mydomain now is vm1.mydomain.INTRA

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2019

Federico,

Thank you for providing that information, but unfortunately this doesn't help clarify the issue.

1. What exactly what you've changed so far?
  2. What is the URL format of your Jira Instance?
    1. Your Confluence instance?
    2. Your Database server?
  3. What does associate user mean?
  4. What happens when you try to go to Confluence?
  5. What error messages are you seeing in your Confluence logs?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events