Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence page reviewing tools

Ed Waugh December 10, 2015

Hi,

I'd like to be able to review pages my team have created in Confluence in a similar way that I can review a document in Word. I would like to be able to:

• Have inline comments
  • Have edits made by me highlighted and marked with my initials 
  • For them to be able to edit the version that shows the differences so they can go through the changes and confirm them

Does anyone know if this is possible? If a plugin exists? Or if a plugin with this functionality is even possible? Or should I be doing something completely different!?

Thanks very much for your time

Ed 

2 answers

0 votes
Ed Waugh December 10, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response, in my experience of Confluence people do use it for this kind of reviewing, they just use the comments box at the bottom of the page which is a bit clumsy on large documents. Being able to mark things up inline would be really handy.

Cheers

ed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

Er, I already pointed out that inline comments are there.

Ed Waugh December 13, 2015

Except they are not, you can add various decorative boxes that contain text but that's no the same.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2015

My guess is that you are using an older version of Confluence that doesn't have in-line comments

Ed Waugh December 14, 2015

I thought we had the latest, any chance of a screenshot?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2015

Look at the bottom of a Confluence page for the version (or system information in the admin section if your admins have removed the versions). The latest version is 5.9, I think the comments arrived in 5.7, but possibly earlier

Ed Waugh December 16, 2015

Hi Nick, we have 5.8.9, I had another look and can't find anything that looks likely, what menu do you find it in? Cheers ed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2015

None. A menu doesn't know where you want to place it. Try highlighting some text and use the context menu there. Should be a speech bubble

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

A wiki is very different to a word processer and basically won't do this in the same way.  So yes, "you should be doing something completely different"

But, not that different... To answer your points:

• Recent versions of Confluence have inline comments, and discussions in place after them
  • Look at the page history
  • Confluence is about swift collaboration and sharing, not controlling what people do and getting "authorisation"

Having said that, take a look at Scroll Versions and Comala workflows - they can help you with point 3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events