Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence page is not saving changes

Lomthandazo Ziyanda Gumpo January 9, 2023

I opened a copy of a page for the template and worked on it. When I published the document went back to before any edits were done. It did not save the changes. I re-did the same document and the same thing happened. Please help me find out how I can retrieve my information because I cannot work on this a third time? 

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

Hi @Lomthandazo Ziyanda Gumpo 

Welcome to Community!

You mention templates and pages, which are not exactly the same thing in Confluence. Are you trying to edit a template from the space settings? Or are you creating a page from a template, and would like to edit the template? It might be helpful to add a screenshot to members of the community can better help you with your problem.

Katlego Motlhabane May 15, 2023

Hello Laura, 

I trust you are well. Facing an issue where I cannot locate my template. 

Confluence error-handling when it comes to template creation is not great, are there any other data loss risks we should expect when using this product? 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Katlego Motlhabane and welcome to Community!

Are you having a problem locating your template in order to edit it? Or selecting the template when you create a new page?

Confluence templates can either be created at a space level (and you need to be a space admin to edit them), or at a global level (for which you need to be a site administrator). If you can't find the template to edit it, make sure you have the right permissions and are in the appropriate settings (either space or global).

If you can't find a template when you are creating a new page, make sure you have selected the correct space in the drop down option. While templates are created at a space level, they can be available to use in other spaces.

Template from space.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events