Confluence page: check in/check out option ?

Hello,

As we had a brainstorming session related to Confluence with my colleagues, some questions came up:

1. Is there any way in Confluence to identify if a page is in Draft or finalized status ?

2. Still related to the notifications (complains are still existing that the number of notifications received is too high) is there a way to block notifications when creating a new page ? Basically, I already had this discussion with Confluence help support and I had different solutions. But none of them seem to be suitable upon the creation of a new page.

2 answers

1. You can use the "Status" macro, but this has to be managed manually...https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/status-macro-223222355.html

2. I think this would come down to personal notification settings on each user account. 

Here is a top rated Confluence, Check In/Check Out plugin that my company might be purchasing soon...https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.arsenale.plugins.lockpoint/server/overview

Thanks,

A

Hi Iuliana,

We have an app in the marketplace that does identify page states (draft, approved, published etc.)  - Comala Workflows. Most people use the app for adding reviews and approvals to pages, but the page states are a feature, and can be customized to whatever you need them to say. Let me know if you have any questions - happy to help :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

68 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you