Confluence over SSL Struggles - Wildcard

I've been struggling through this; perhaps someone here can assist.

Confluence 5.3. Newly purchased GoDaddy cert from which the CSR was generated from IIS 7. I have the private key. I have the crt file, and all the other root and intermediate files GoDaddy provides.

Instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPSfail because the keys do not match or there is no key corresponding to that alias.

I've tried merging the private key and the certificate into the same P12 file, then creating a keystore with that using OpenSSL, but that got "invalid format" on the certificate store in the catalina logs.

This is beyond frustrating at this point, and I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for assistance.

2 answers

1 accepted

We ended up having to do the following to get this up and running:

• Export private key from Windows server in PFX format
  • Use keytool -importkeystore to import the existing PFX into a keystore format that Tomcat could read
  • Replace the existing keystore file and restarted the Confluence service.

Hi Ilevel,

are you able to assist with me ?

AS

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,798 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you