Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence onsite 5.5.2 upgrade garbled headers

Geoff Tanner September 2, 2014

I have been testing a Confluence upgrade. I can't go to 5.5.3 yet because of the DB collation requirement in our SQL server installation. That is another story which I will have to deal with separately (I note though - Jira allows CI but confluence does not??? This is kind of a weird config conflict between sister apps)

So I am testing an upgrade from 4.3.2 to 5.5.2. I managed to get the upgrade working in our test environment, but after logging in the headers on all pages are tags rather than functional menu links.

The menu header code I see is:

#menuMacros_renderHeaderLeftImageLinks()

#menuMacros_renderHeaderRightImageLinks() #menuMacros_renderHeaderRightPanels()

The problem occurs in Firefox, IE and Chrome so not browser-specific. Other answers suggested going to safe mode to disable plugins, which I have tried to no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff Tanner

7 answers

1 vote
Eric Beauchamp October 26, 2014

What solve this for me was the deletion of the contents of table decorator.

Good luck!

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2014

Hi Geoff,

Have you tried to clear plugin cache, also could you double check if there are any customisation done on your instance. You can check this by the following method:

• Check your System Information accessible from Confluence admin. See if there are any file modified under the "Modification" section

• Execute this SQL query 

SELECT * FROM decorator

If there are any, you might want to remove it to see if the issue persist. Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Corp Ops October 24, 2015

Deleting the contents of the decorator table and restarting Confluence did indeed fix this issue for me.

0 votes
Matt Yetner October 22, 2014

Hello,

I also have the same issue going from 4.1.7 to 5.6.3.

Thanks,

-matt

0 votes
Eric Beauchamp October 11, 2014

Hello,

I have the same issue and I have tried what Septa suggested but no success.  I am trying to update from 4.1.4 to 5.6.3.

regard,

Eric

0 votes
Ram Chavan September 10, 2014

I am getting the same issue for Confluence 5.6 upgrade.

0 votes
Geoff Tanner September 3, 2014

I managed to change the DB collation on our test environment to case-sensitive, so once I got that sorted I was able to update again to 5.5.6. However the dodgy headers persist, unfortunately.

0 votes
Geoff Tanner September 2, 2014

Further on this, I did check the error logs for the app, and I noticed a bunch of attachment errors which I solved by copying the attachment folder from production into Test. However apart from that I was not able to identify any specific error on startup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events