Confluence onsite 5.5.2 upgrade garbled headers

I have been testing a Confluence upgrade. I can't go to 5.5.3 yet because of the DB collation requirement in our SQL server installation. That is another story which I will have to deal with separately (I note though - Jira allows CI but confluence does not??? This is kind of a weird config conflict between sister apps)

So I am testing an upgrade from 4.3.2 to 5.5.2. I managed to get the upgrade working in our test environment, but after logging in the headers on all pages are tags rather than functional menu links.

The menu header code I see is:

#menuMacros_renderHeaderLeftImageLinks()

#menuMacros_renderHeaderRightImageLinks() #menuMacros_renderHeaderRightPanels()

The problem occurs in Firefox, IE and Chrome so not browser-specific. Other answers suggested going to safe mode to disable plugins, which I have tried to no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff Tanner

7 answers

Hi Geoff,

Have you tried to clear plugin cache, also could you double check if there are any customisation done on your instance. You can check this by the following method:

  • Check your System Information accessible from Confluence admin. See if there are any file modified under the "Modification" section

  • Execute this SQL query 

    SELECT * FROM decorator

If there are any, you might want to remove it to see if the issue persist. Hope it help.

 

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

 

Deleting the contents of the decorator table and restarting Confluence did indeed fix this issue for me.

What solve this for me was the deletion of the contents of table decorator.

 

Good luck!

Further on this, I did check the error logs for the app, and I noticed a bunch of attachment errors which I solved by copying the attachment folder from production into Test. However apart from that I was not able to identify any specific error on startup.

I managed to change the DB collation on our test environment to case-sensitive, so once I got that sorted I was able to update again to 5.5.6. However the dodgy headers persist, unfortunately.

I am getting the same issue for Confluence 5.6 upgrade.

Hello,

I have the same issue and I have tried what Septa suggested but no success.  I am trying to update from 4.1.4 to 5.6.3.

regard,

Eric

Hello,

I also have the same issue going from 4.1.7 to 5.6.3.

Thanks,

-matt

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

299 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you