Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence on virtual host (VMWare) pegs CPU

Kevin Davis July 8, 2016

We're experiencing the problem that seems to be documented in the tagged question, but the solution provided has consequences in VMWare where disabling memory ballooning causes performance issues for the physical host, thus affecting other unrelated servers.

Is there any other suggestion that can be offered? Would increased RAM help (even though it's the CPU that's pegged, not the memory)? Adding another CPU (or will it run away with both)?

As best I understand this has something to do with Java garbage collection - is there any configuration change I can make or process I can trigger to overcome the more pinpointed issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

Will need some additional information.  How big is your Confluence Site, to include number of pages (current version and all versions), number of users (total and concurrent), Confluence Version, Java Version, Number of CPU's, amount of RAM, and the JVM arguments from the setenv file. 
Feel free to clean out any sensitive information from those, but don't hide any relevant info. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events