Confluence on Windows 2016 Server results in Page Table growing by 4k every few seconds

Confluence 6.4.3 on Windows 2016 Server appears to do be doing *something* that results in the Page Table growing at the rate of about 4k every few seconds. Verified by using SysInternals RamMap to inspect the discrepancy between running processes and free memory.

Within about 26 hours the Page Table usage has grown to about 800MB. On any other box I've looked at this is no where above 100MB at most, even after running for 3 or 4 weeks.

Eventually as the Page Table size increases more and more things get pushed to the pagefile and the box starts thrashing the disks. This results in Confluence and other things on the box getting increasingly sluggish.

Page Table usage never decreases when Confluence is running. The only way to reduce it entirely seems to be completely rebooting the box. When Confluence is stopped the Page Table never increases.

If Confluence is not started at boot then the Page Table usage does not creep up.

Logs show nothing of much use. Not really sure where to look next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Issue appeared at some point within the last few weeks.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Oct 31, 2017

So that we can investigate more thoroughly, I have created a support ticket on your behalf. You will get an email from our support portal soon.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

954 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you