Confluence not removing user (linked to Crowd)

I have a "Confluence Users Group" in Crowd with 10 users.  I recently removed a user and added a new one.

However, the synchronised group in Confluence is showing 11 users.  So we are exceeding the 10 user limit so cannot add new content (until this is resolved).

The old user is still present in Crowd.  Even setting the user to not active. and shown in Confluence as (disabled), it makes not difference to the licence count.

(Confluence v6.3.4 and Crowd v3.0.1)

Mark

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Yes it looks like it was the "duplicate user in another directory".

I also had a sync with JIRA (which also syncs with Crowd) - but the sync between JIRA and Confluence was failing; but hadn't noticed.

Disabling the JIRA directory link resolved the problem - was playing with this approach in testing external users access to the KB from Service Desk.

Thanks,

Mark

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Dec 12, 2017

I am happy to hear you resolved the issue, thanks for following up. :)

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Dec 12, 2017

Hi Mark,

I understand you cannot create new content in Confluence right now because the license count was exceeded. You are using Crowd for user management. If we cannot get to the bottom of this quickly, please consider generating an evaluation license and applying it so people can use Confluence while we work through this. 

A similar issue was recently resolved by making sure there was no duplicate user in another User Directory in Confluence: I have 10 users set up but it is showing 11

Please start with the queries on this page to find out what users are counting toward the license in Confluence: How to get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license

To make sure there are no duplicate users in other user directories, please run:

SELECT 
lower_user_name
FROM
cwd_user
GROUP BY
lower_user_name
having count(lower_user_name) > 1;

I look forward to hearing what you find.

Best wishes,

Ann 

Thanks, yes I applied an evaluation licence after submitting this question.  I will look at your other suggestions.

Mark

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

930 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you