Confluence / not able to install plugins

tomother November 21, 2012

Hi guys,

i am testing Confluence 4.3 (Trial Version for "Download") on CentOS 6.3.

Installation was fine, everything seemed to be OK, but i cannot install plugins (e. g. Team Calendars).

I get the message "Atlassian Plugin Exchange (APE) is not available" and so i checked firewall and proxy - settings, but everything is OK.

I followed the instructions and changed the "setenv.sh" and added "-Dupm.pac.disable=true" in the first line in order to force confluence not to look for the APE. After restarting confluence i still get the "APE is not available" message but also that "APE has been disabled" - but still i cannot install plugins, also not via "upload plugin".

What am doing wrong? Any ideas?

If you need more information from my side, please let me know!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2012

If even the manually downloaded plugin installation fails, you probably face the issue with MySQL setting max_allowed_packet set to a low value. You can search for this string in your logs.

You may refer to this article to adjust this value: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Exceeds+Max+Allowed+Packet+for+MySQL

tomother November 26, 2012

Hi Peter,

Yes, the MySQL setting caused the problems!

Thank you very much for your assistance

Take care

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2012

You might also want to check your <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log that may contain additional information about the nature of the problem.

Thank you very much!

Yes, the base URL is correct.

Also I tried installation after downloading the plugin via the Atlassian Marketplace. But unfortunately this also doesnt work.

Will keep on trying...

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Have you checked your server base URL? This could be causing this problem. Make sure it matches what you type on your browser to access Confluence.

Alternatively, you can download the plugin from Atlassian Marketplace and install it manually from your UPM.

Thank you very much!

Yes, the base URL is correct.

Also I tried installation after downloading the plugin via the Atlassian Marketplace. But unfortunately this also doesnt work.

Will keep on trying...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events