Confluence macros broken in editor with Firefox 33.0.2

Hello everybody,

since I updated to FF 33.0.2, I can't use (add /edit) certain Confluence macros in the Confluence editor anymore.

When I want to add e.g. the page properties macro, the macro dialog pops up, but after clicking OK, I'm returned to the editor and nothing has changed.
Same with wanting to edit a macro usage. The macro dialog pops up, I change some settings, and I'm returned to the unchanged page. Preview within the macro dialog doesn't work.

As a workaround, I started to add/edit macros using the Source Editor, but this is cumbersome, especially when you want to add new parameters to the macro and you don't know the parameter name.

Has somebody of you encountered similar problems? Is this a browser issue or is there something fundamentally wrong with our Confluence installation?
Probably the latter, because we still suffer from Strange character added to macro body and in our staging instance we don't encounter such problems.

Can somebody give my any hint where to investigate further?
Cheers,
Kirstin

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Tata! I just updated to FF 33.1 (the second FF updated withing 2 days) and .. problem seems to be solved.

I don't know about Chrome, though. I don't use Chrome regulary, but my co-worker told me that he has problems editing Confluence page in Chrome for a long time.

Interesting, glad you were able to fix this :).

That is indeed strange Kirstin, does that happens with other browser (ie, chrome, opera)?

Are you the only user facing that?

Is this specific to a space/page?

Are you accessing your Confluence trough a VPN?

Thanks and Regards,

David|Confluence Support Engineer

Hello Deividi,

• I encounter the same problem with Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m.
    No problem with Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17358.

• This is not specific to a space or page, more to a Confluence instance. I do not have such problems in our  test instance of Confluence.
    The difference between both is, that our test Confluence is in a DMZ and not accessible from the outside.

• No, I'm not accessing Confluence through a VPN, but are connected directly via LAN.

Cheers,
Kirstin

BTW: Thanks for your answer! :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

919 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you