Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence links

MPal Pal July 8, 2012

I have a tricky situation and I really hope there is a simple solution to this.

Say I have space X.1. I have internal confluence links in my space. Later, I copy the entire space and reversion it as X.2 and then do little edits.

My problem is, when I click those internal links from space X.2, I get directed to the the old page in space X.1. Since there are hundreds of links in one space it is very cumbersome to change each and every link to direct to the new space version.

Is there any other solution for this issue please?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Curren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2012

Hi there.

What version of Confluence are you seeing this problem?

Confluence 4.0.3 onwards should have all 'same space' links stored as 'relative' links. This means the links are missing a space key and therefore assume their destination pages to be within the same space. This means that your scenario of copying and renaming a space should work correctly.

(Associated issue.)

0 votes
MPal Pal July 10, 2012

Hi Paul, I have another tricky situation with links and I hope you can spread some light to it:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/68659/interspace-links

Looking forward for your help :)

Thanks

0 votes
MPal Pal July 9, 2012

Thanks for the reply Paul. I am using Confluence 4.2.2 and this is all my bad. I recently upgraded and must have got confused. I checked again and as you said, the links work just fine. Confluence rocks!! :)

Paul Curren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2012

No worries. Glad you are a happy customer for now! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events