Confluence links with custom URI handlers are removed

Alexandr Marchenko March 17, 2019

In a confluence editor I did added a link pointing slack:user?id=1&team_id=2 which is catched by slack and opens chat with desired person

But after publishing document I do see link with href being removed and rel nofollow attribute

Wondering if that is by design and how then should I add custom links? (e.g. skype, slack, telegram, etc)

Also I have noticed that tel and mailto are working

1 answer

3 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for sharing with us Alexandr.

As of today, Confluence Cloud does not support linking with custom URL protocols. We have a Suggestion about this feature here:

Ability to insert custom (non-standard) URL protocols

Currently the suggestion is marked as open. So voting and watching it is a good idea! Voting increases the suggestion visibility and watching will keep you up to date. Further, could you tell us how this feature would impact your instance? Are those types of links used frequently? I would like to understand a bit more about your environment!

Looking forward to your reply

Edit: I raised a new suggestion, since the old one was even before the split between Confluence Server and Cloud.

Alexandr Marchenko March 18, 2019

Hello thank for a ticket I did subscribet and voted for it, hope to see it somewhere in future

As about use cases: just imagine for example confluence page with team members where there is a skype links which will open skype and start call

Or for example slack channels list with their descriptions where every channel name is a link pointing to slack and will open this channel immediatelly for you

And so on, I bed that there is huge amount of other use cases for this, yes it does not used so heavely but still might be very useful

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Thanks for updating us Alexandr!

I have just changed the report to include the use cases you explained here for us.

Thanks for taking part on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events