Confluence link with one and multiple JIRA instances

Deepa Sidhu June 2, 2017

We have two JIRA cloud instances (umuc-sem.atlassian.net and umuc-IT.atlassian.net). Both these instances have reciprocal connections with sem confluence instance: umuc-sem.atlassian.net/wiki now. However, initially, sem confluence had a default connection with umuc-sem.atlassian.net only because we purchased umuc-sem jira and umuc-sem confluence together. Now we are planning on merging umuc-sem jira and umuc-IT jira into one instance of umuc-IT jira and would like to only link umuc-IT jira with confluence. Once the merged instance of umuc-IT exists, we will deprecate the use of umuc-sem jira instance. My question is that upon overwritting umuc-IT jira with a merged/restored copy of umuc-sem + umuc-IT, will the connection between the restored cloud umuc-IT jira instance work as such with umuc-sem.atlassian.net/wiki automatically? Secondly, can the umuc-sem confluence exist by its own when we deprecate or get rid of umuc-sem jira instance? Third, can the sem confluence URL be updated to umuc-IT.atlassian.net/wiki ?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

I checked with a senior support engineer on the Cloud team and the answers are "yes".

> My question is that upon overwritting umuc-IT jira with a merged/restored copy of umuc-sem + umuc-IT, will the connection between the restored cloud umuc-IT jira instance work as such with umuc-sem.atlassian.net/wiki automatically? 

• Yes, since they are both Cloud the application link will be automatic

> Secondly, can the umuc-sem confluence exist by its own when we deprecate or get rid of umuc-sem jira instance? 

• Yes

> Third, can the sem confluence URL be updated to umuc-IT.atlassian.net/wiki ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events