Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence licensing bug

Vitaliy Bendyna April 12, 2017

Hello!

Some time ago we migrated Confluence's authentication method to LDAP delegated. Now we have really strange bug: according to database and the list of active users we have 63 users, but Confluence's admin panel says that we have 89 active licensed users. What should I do in this case?

What was already done:

1) inactive users aren't members of any group

2) Confluence cashe has been cleared

3) Instance was rebooted

P.S. Confluence 5.7.1

3 answers

1 vote
Helen Griffiths April 12, 2017

Hi Vitaliy

We had the same issue a little while ago when trying to see why there was a discrepancy in the number of licenses used in one tool compared to the database - we found that it was because we had a number of users who had had account created directly in the application (i.e. within Confluence) which had not been removed when we started using Crowd. Once we made a count of these, it tallied up with the larger number of licenses the application said we were using.

Hope this helps.

Vitaliy Bendyna April 13, 2017

Thank you for your reply.

You're correct, all users before were created as internal users directly in the application. But the thing is that we use LDAP delegated authorization, that means that all users are internal users but with external password check. In the database in cwd_user table there's a list of all users with their directory's IDs. And there's a column "actice" with "T" or "F". And the number of users with active="T" is 63, but license information says 89. And I'm still confused...

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Hi Vitaliy,

Open up a Support ticket here:  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Regards,

Kay

Vitaliy Bendyna April 27, 2017

Thank you for your answer, but our support period has expired, that's why I'm writing here :)

And I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me with this bug. It's resolution is quite interesting for me, that's why I'm spending a lot of time for any kind of information about this issue. And until now I didn't find how to fix it...

0 votes
Vitaliy Bendyna April 27, 2017

Hello again!

Can someone help me with this issue? I don't have any answer still....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events