Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence licenses

Fabian Ledwig August 27, 2013

Good morning,

I've got a Problem with my confluence lincenses. I've running Jira and recently have installed confluence, too. Confluence is connected to Jira and uses Jira user-database. Everything works fine, all of the Jira users are in confluence, too.

We have 26 Jira users and 26 Jira licenses, but Confluence is only used by ten of the Jira users so we bought only ten confluence licenses.

Now Confluence says that we have 26 Confluence users, but only ten licenses.

How can I solve this Problem? If I disable not used accounts in confluence, they are disabled in Jira, too. Putting them out of "Confluence-User" group has no effect.

The use of the single userdatabase should be preserved. There will be more users in the next moths/years. Some will only need confluence, some will need only Jira and some will need both of them...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

Hi Fabian,

The way Confluence configure the amount of users license are different compare with JIRA. Confluence does not count the amount of confluence-users member. Instead it count the amount of users that has "Can-Use" permission or able to log-in to Confluence.

For detailed information on this, please refer to our documentation here.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events