Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence license update query

Sanu Soman May 2, 2013

Hi All,

Please let me know how can I give evaluation/developer license to dev server while restoring production confluence data by using xml? I guess while restoring prodution data automatically the prodution license will get map to the dev server .. right? If so, is there any issue?

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Sanu,

It depends on how you are doing your restore. If you are restoring from an XML backup you will basically set up a new instance with your dev license and import your data into the instance. Your license does not get transfered necessarily.

If you are taking a clone of your <confluence_home> and a dumb of your DB and restoring that into a test insance it is a bit of a different story. What I would do first is install a new copy of confluence on your dev machine and take a copy of the <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml. Use your Dev license to set this up.

You will notice that file contains a few interesting elements.

&lt;property name="confluence.license.hash"&gt;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&lt;/property&gt;
&lt;property name="confluence.license.message"&gt;yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy&lt;/property&gt;
&lt;property name="confluence.setup.server.id"&gt;zzzz-zzzz-zzzz-zzzz&lt;/property&gt;

These guys contain all of the licensing informtion on your instance. I would then restore your <confluence_home> <confluence_install> and dump of your DB into your test instnace. Then modify the production <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml with your deve appropriate paths and DB configurations. Then replace your production licensing information with that generated above.

Please lt us know if that makes sense.

Sanu Soman May 2, 2013

Thanks Daniel for your reply.

Anyway I'm going for XML restore only.. so no need to worry about the license .. right?

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Sanu,

That should be correct. You will be prompted for license details before being asked to restore from backup. That will be your chance to use your dev license.

Sanu Soman May 5, 2013

Many thanks Daniel :)

Cheers brother

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events