Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence issue after upgrading from 3.5 to 4.2

steve zhu August 15, 2012

I upgrade my confluence from 3.5 to 4.2. Everything went smoothly. I can view the contents with no problem after upgrading.

However, when I tried to modify a page, I kept getting the error message "Error saving draft. No draft has been saved." If I use the save function, the contents will be saved just fine.

When I tried to upload an image and user insert image function to insert it into a page, I will not be able to see anything in the page. I checked the log and found the image was uploaded correctly.

When I tried to insert a link, the search function is not working with the error message "There was an error communicating with the server, please try again later."

Anyone knows the possible reason for this? Thanks a lot in advance

5 answers

0 votes
steve zhu August 16, 2012

The java used on our server is 1.6.0.5. It works fine with confluence 3.5. However, it is not compatible with the latest confluence 4.2. We upgraded java on the server to 1.7.0 and this fixed all the issues.

0 votes
steve zhu August 16, 2012

Thanks for all your help.

I contacted tech support and figured out that it is due to the java installed on our server. The java used on our server is pretty old, 1.6.0.5. This is not compatible with the latest confluence. I upgraded the java to the latest 1.7.0 and it fixed all the issues.

Thanks again.

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012
Hi Steve, It's hard to pinpoint the issue based on the stack trace you provided. Are you using the global theme? Is this happening to all spaces? You might want to raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com with your latest logs so we can continue troubleshooting it.
0 votes
steve zhu August 15, 2012

just checked log. A lot of error message inside. Most seems to be related with "Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder"

such as:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:431)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:288)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1111)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:154)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:121)

0 votes
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

anything in the log?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events