Confluence installed on linux server with Jira & Stash

Lorenzo Iannazzo August 6, 2015

Seems like Confluence hangs on a weekly basis and requires a service restart - what would cause this issue? Logs do not indicated anything out of the normal.   The standalone Linux server is also hosing JIRA and STASH.  The other applications do not require reboot just Confluence.  This is also a virtual server.

3 answers

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

Hi Lorenzo, 

If you are not finding anything on Confluence logs, try to check the Linux logs to see if you find something new (OOM)? You can start on /var/log/messages

Another idea is trying to check database logs. But, it's weird that Confluence is freezing with no error logs. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Lorenzo Iannazzo August 7, 2015

Hi Mike,

I'm running 5.8.4 - seems about every two weeks as well.  I have to restart the Confluence Service and it works fine afterwards.  I just do the service this way the other applications are not affected.

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

What version of Confluence are you running? I've had some in the past that just... did that and have one right now that I think will go away with an upgrade (Confluence 5.8.5). Nothing in the logs. Just seems to get tired and stop taking requests. Tomcat is still running but not taking any CPU. Have to bounce tomcat to get it to come back and is about (for me) every 2 weeks it does that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events