Confluence installation database

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hello.

I have installed Jira , now I'm trying to install Confluence, both locally. What database do I have to provide for Confluence?

I want Confluence to be connected with my Jira, so I can link issues, and share project spaces. Do I have to point confluence to jira's database on installation? Or go for separate databases and somehow connect it through confluence settings after installation?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hi there,

You need to specify separate database for Confluence, so that there won't be any issue in the future. You can still integrate JIRA and Confluence despite you installed on different database. For more information please refer to the following documentation.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+Confluence+and+JIRA+Together
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence

Hope it helps.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for the quick answer!

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

You need to integrate both the application by configuring an application link . You dont need to do anything to the database . Refer this document

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

WC :) ......

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Thanks! I aprreciate your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events