Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence install on MySQL 5.1 (Debain Linux) Storage Engine Qn.

Rolando October 27, 2011

Hello People,

I'm just about to roll out confluence for our organisation, on the same box that our current Jira install is on. I just have a question about the storage engine that MySQL will use, its 5.1 (default on debian 6.0) and is useing MyISAM by defaul.

When I install confluence will it create the tables using InnoDB or will I need to change something manually in order for this to happen? I'm fairly sure I can just install it as per the standard instructions, but i would like to just double check. Many Thanks for help (in advance)

:)

2 answers

0 votes
Rolando November 8, 2011

Close! I just set the Default storage engine to InnoDB and then addded the Confluence DB

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2011

I ran into this one in a 3.5 install - you do need to tell the database to default to using InnoDB, at least during installation of Confluence, because the setup will simply use the defaults the database is set to. (Ubuntu is based on Debian, so there's a strong chance it will be the same for your Debian box)

Rolando October 27, 2011

Thanks for the advice Nic.

Ah so it won;t do this by default? I believe MySQL can use different storage engines for different tables, if I do change this, I assume that it will not affect the existsing Jira install?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events