Confluence gadgets in Federation

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I configured Application Links of Confluence server with two different JIRA servers. How can the gadgets be distinguished.

I can put mouse over the Gadget URL, which will then shows the URL of the JIRA instance the gadget is coming from but if I do a { and search for the gadget I cannot figure out at all.

Is there any workaround for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I believe that you'll be able to distinguish them when you put the cursor on the gadget.

Either way, we already have an Improvenment Request about this here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28215

Hope it helps!

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

Hi Bruna,

I am aware of this Improvement Request but I need a workaround since we are planning to introduce this feature very soon. Not sure how users would react to this cursor based tip as a distinguishing factor and so thinking about other alternatives to crack the issue.

Do you know how the rendering of this gadgets on the macro browser is taking place now? I am thinking if it could be a JAVASCRIPT , then we could look for some workaround i believe. Any ideas please share?

Srinivas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events