Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence excel embedded sheet -data recovery

Naz A August 27, 2022

Hi,

I was using the Confluence excel embed sheet and I returned to the confluence page the next day and my data from the embedded sheet is gone.

Does anyone know how to recover this?

I checked:

• confluence page history (nothing captured there since its an embedded sheet)
  • checked for any new excel sheet in my one drive (no copies)
  • I do see a document number in the confluence page history and was trying to construct the URL to see if I can recover data, but do not know how to recover data from the previous day

Please let me know.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Yao Chang Hsu August 28, 2022

How about draft page, probably you can find previous in here.

Naz James August 28, 2022

Hi Yao,

No draft page.

The way I am debugging is, going to the confluence page, viewing the 'attachments' to check document v1, document v2. I see it as a .tfss file extension and some data is there, but it is still missing the data that I had.

Also, looking at advanced details of the page helps.

I am not the original creator of the embedded sheet, but wondering if they might have a local copy?

Yao Chang Hsu August 29, 2022

Hi @Naz James 

1. As I know you can not modify attachment content directly, it need install plugin or app.

2. There are version control for attachment, but it need to the same file name to upload.

3. If you modify attachment content directly, it should save in temp folder of browser.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @Naz A 

Yes, as you said in the third point, you might get the data of the embedded sheet, but since it's linked to another source it's good to check the sheet in Onedrive

If you do you see data in the previous version of the page, create a new sheet in Onedrive and embed it in the page

Let me know if it helps

Thanks,
Pramodh

Naz James August 28, 2022

Hi Pramodh,

Thanks for your reply.

Original I used the confluence macro called 'embedded sheets'.

I was hoping there was an excel copy it auto created in my onedrive -but that is not the case.

If I edit the 'embedded sheet' I see a URL /pages/edit-v2/<number>

but I can't see the  page v1, to see if there is a way to restore that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events