Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence evaluation on external database

Timothy Harris October 8, 2014

I am installing a confluence instance for a customer. Right now it will run on an evaluation license. But after a month it will run on a comercial license.

BUT I can't connect it to an external database? When I enter the license, even though I selected production environment in the wizard, in sets up confluence on the HSQLDB...

NOW we have to do a database migration when we get the commercial licenses, which basically consist of RE-INSTALLING, confluence from scratch again...

ANY specific reason confluence with an evaluation license can't be installed on an external database????

This is possible for Jira, Stash and Bamboo...

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2014

Let me guess, you're running Confluence 5.6.1?

Where there's a bug that means it skips the database question...

Try 5.6.2 or 5.6.3

Timothy Harris October 9, 2014

Yes. Thanks for the answer. I will get 5.6.3 and install that.

3 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Hey Timothy,

Just complementing Nic's answer, below is the bug for reference:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34288

Also download 5.6.3 since that is the one that contain the fix (we did not released 5.6.2).

tks,

David

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2014

Oops, sorry, I forgot 5.6.2 was skipped!

Timothy Harris October 9, 2014

I have one other issue I encountered with confluence. As sysadmin I am constantly getting a session timeout. I can't even edit a space for 2 minutes without getting session time out or token errors. Any ideas about this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2014

That's unrelated - I'd raise a separate question (although I'd start by checking your browser - try others and see if it still happens)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events