Confluence editor stops working when setting JVM timezone Edited

Nguyen Tran Community Champion Aug 29, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/setting-the-timezone-for-the-java-environment-841187402.html

After I change the JVM timezone using the parameter, the time is now correctly displayed. However, the editor has stopped working and it throws the "The editor is taking too long to load ..." error 

Anyone know how to fix this?

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 30, 2017

I have a hunch we need to also set the time zone for Synchrony, which controls collaborative editing. The time zone isn't passed to the Synchrony JVM from the Confluence JVM. Please see Allow JVM args to be passed to Synchrony.

Please try setting the time zone in the <confluence_home>/synchrony-args.properties file and restarting Confluence to pick up the change. Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

I look forward to hearing whether the editor works after you set the time zone for Synchrony to match what you set for the Confluence JVM.

Nguyen Tran Community Champion Aug 30, 2017

I have been able to make the editor work by enable synchrony-proxy in the nginx setting file and inside the setenv.sh file, plus adding the -Duser.timezone parameter inside setenv.sh as instructed in this article.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

381 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you