Confluence editor stops working when setting JVM timezone

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/setting-the-timezone-for-the-java-environment-841187402.html

After I change the JVM timezone using the parameter, the time is now correctly displayed. However, the editor has stopped working and it throws the "The editor is taking too long to load ..." error 

Anyone know how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

I have a hunch we need to also set the time zone for Synchrony, which controls collaborative editing. The time zone isn't passed to the Synchrony JVM from the Confluence JVM. Please see Allow JVM args to be passed to Synchrony.

Please try setting the time zone in the <confluence_home>/synchrony-args.properties file and restarting Confluence to pick up the change. Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

I look forward to hearing whether the editor works after you set the time zone for Synchrony to match what you set for the Confluence JVM.

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

I have been able to make the editor work by enable synchrony-proxy in the nginx setting file and inside the setenv.sh file, plus adding the -Duser.timezone parameter inside setenv.sh as instructed in this article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events