Confluence edit page in Chrome 27 look bad

Hi:

My Confluence version is 5.0.2 and Chrome version is 27.

When edit page the edit section is too small

15 answers

Plugin fixes it for me

Full details are on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28415 , but in short:

• This occurs on Chrome 27, which was released today
  • It is fixed in Confluence 5.1.3, Confluence 5.2, and Confluence OnDemand.
  • There is a plugin you can download for older plugins just to fix this bug: Editor Height Fix for Confluence

3 votes
Ivan Tse Atlassian Team Mar 27, 2013

Chrome 27 is the dev and Chromium builds of Chrome right now. From what I can see, this would be a rendering issue on Chrome specifically to those builds.

I just tested this in the latest Stable (26) and everything looks to be fine there. If you need regular usage then you should switch back to a stable build of Chrome or use another browser.

May be fixed in Confluence 5.1.3

There is this workaround in pure css : (CONF-28415)

Under Look and Feel > Stylesheet (this is for Confluence 5.1, naming may be different in earlier versions), add the following CSS:

/* CONF-28415 */
form.editor .editor-default,
.editor-fullheight {
    height: 100%;
    height: auto\9; /* IE8 */
}

That javascript workaround work on Chrome 27.0.1453.73 :

./... Place the following in Confluence Admin > Look and Feel > Custom HTML > At end of the BODY:

<script>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
  if (AJS.$('#wysiwygTextarea_ifr').length > 0) {
    AJS.$('#wysiwygTextarea_ifr').height(AJS.$('#rte').height());
  }
});
</script>

Just upgraded to Chrome 27.0.1453.93, which is the latest stable. The edit area appears too small.

Same happens under Linux with this version:

[8:25] bento:~% chromium --version

Chromium 26.0.1410.63

With confluence 4.3

Same problem here with Chrome 27.0.1453.65. The workaround doesn't work for me, because we're on a ondemand instance.

Hey guys,

I'm on Version 27.0.1453.73 beta and the CSS workaround stopped working.

We had a server reboot yesterday, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The edit window is full size in Chrome 27.0.1453.81 beta-m for me now. I previously had the same problem as OP.

JS workaround worked for me Conf 4.3, Chrome 27....94

Chrome Version 28.0.1500.20 beta-m works correctly without plugins or confluence patches. This can be found in the current Chrome Beta channel http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

the java script worked fine. Thank you

I just used the javascript in Confluence 5.1.2 for Chrome 28.0.1500.71 m and it worked well.

hello, I am using Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m and none of the solutions works :(

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,011 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you