Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence doesn't work after upgrading to 6.3.3

Dan C. Zainescu August 21, 2017

After upgrading Confluence from 5.8.5. to 6.3.3, I was able to start it, but I can't connect to it. It seems that the database scema was not updated during the installation as I see error messages in the log about missing columns and tables.

Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

I understand you are not able to connect to Confluence since upgrading, and you see errors in the logs referring to missing columns and tables.

Please let me know:

• What method you used to upgrade. Did you use an archive file and point the confluence-init.properties file at the existing Confluence Home directory or did you use an executable and run the installer?
  • What OS are you using? Windows or Linux?
  • There should be an entry in the log to the effect of "Upgrade failed" with some cause, please see if you can find that error message.

If this is a production instance, I recommend restoring the database and Confluence Home directory from back-up, then trying the upgrade on a test instance.

The logs to check are:
<confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory)
<confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Dan C. Zainescu August 21, 2017
  • I used an executable.
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.
  • There are no "Upgrade failed" entries in any of the log files in both directories.

These are some of the errors I see in the log:

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name 'PERMALLUSERSSUBJECT'.

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid object name 'scheduler_clustered_jobs'

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

I opened a support ticket in your name, to take a closer look. You should get the email from it any minute.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2017

Thanks for the logs, it turned out that you fixed the issue by applying an evaluation license. We found the error message in your logs that matched this article: Upgrade fails due to expired license

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events