Confluence does not ask which User directory to use

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi

I am on confluence 4.3.2 and when in our confluence we have two user directories, 1. Microsoft AD and 2. Internal

Now when i am creating a user on confluence i expect confluence to ask me (or have a field) for me to select which user directory i want to use , but it does not.

I know on jira 6.1 we have this feature, you can explicitly tell jira which user directory to use for creating the user.

How can i get round this issue on confluence?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Rahul.

The correct feature request is CONF-22296. as the one Rodrigo raised is a duplicate.

At the moment Confluence creates the user in the Directory with the highest priority (listed first in the list of directories). As a workaround, you could put the user directory you want to create the user in the first position before you create the user. Please be aware this may affect the user directory a user authenticate against if the user is present in multiple user directories.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

thanks Alex...that helps. I will follow this feature request.,

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Indeed, confluence doesn't ask in which user directory you'd like to create the user within while jira does this.

I've created a feature request for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34433

I recommend to vote and ask your colleagues to vote as well to increase popularity and the chance to be implemented in the future.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events