Confluence doc opening to an anchor location in published or edit mode when there are no anchors

Harry Klein October 12, 2020

I have a document that opens to what appears to be a random anchor location regardless of mode (edit or published). While not a major inconvenience, it's quite annoying, especially as this is a doc that is used to track quarterly project updates and can become relatively long over time.

Given that the new editor doesn't appear to support anchors, I have no idea what may be causing this.

Any and all ideas appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Hello @Harry Klein !

As I understand, whenever you visit a page be it in edit or view mode it scrolls down to a seemingly random position on that page, akin to what happens when we access an anchor.

This is quite an interesting behavior. Please, allow me to ask you a few questions for clarification. Here we go:

1. Is this happening regardless of browser used to access the page?
  2. Is this apparent with pages other than this specific one?
  3. Are the Headings in this page?
  4. Does the end of the link that leads to the page contain a heading name after a pound (#) symbol? (looks like this:  https://mysite.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SPC/pages/205555555/Page+name#heading-name
  5. What happens if you access the affected page while using your browser’s incognito/private/anonymous mode?
  6. What exactly is the content to which you are redirected at page access?
  7. Are you always redirected to the same position in the page?

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events