Confluence database query

Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Hi,

I want to be able to query a particular column within a table in confluence page. Is this even possible?

So for example: Confluence Page 'Test' has a table, and that table has 3 columns. I want to be able to query all the data in column 3.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Hey Anand,

I'ts hard to create that kind of query since Confluence stores the column data in a linear was as XHTML in the BODYCONTENT table (BODY Column), just for you to have a better understanding what I'm trying to explain take a look on below example:

1. First I created below table into a page:
  2. Now take a look on how Confluence stores that into the datase:
  3. There's no simple query we can do to get the informtion of the class column as you can see above there is no reference in the database saying, this info belongs to column class and hence we cant extract that specific set of information :(.

I might be wrong but I strongly believe that the Confluence SQL plugin would be able to extract that informtaion in the way you want, however that is a third party plugin and it's not free.

Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events