Confluence crashes daily

Daniel Loftus May 31, 2012

I simply log in on the server that hosts my confluence wiki (an ec2 instance) and initiate ./startup.sh to get confluence running again (removing the PID file). I've enabled logging, and reviewed the logs (catalina and the other one), but the logs don't reveal anything of note to me. Can you please share with me what I can share with you that will help me figure out why it crashes? I would like to begin letting the public review and use the content of my wiki.

Thank you,

Daniel

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Laskowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2012

This instance was running on an Amazon EC2 Micro, which is a little resource sparse for Confluence to run stably. The OP had an open support request and eventually had luck with running Confluence as a service, which stopped the crashes so long as XML backups were off.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Hi Daniel,

Judging from your statement that this instance is not public yet means that this is not a production instance hence the load is not huge yet.

Which is weird to hear that you need to restart it daily. You might want to review your atlassian-confluence.log which is located in:

• <Conf_HOME_Dir>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Most probably the cause of your issue is either OutOfMemory issue which is well documented here:

Also, you might want to disable Confluence XML automatic backup which use a huge resources and opted to this strategy which is more reliable.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events