Confluence content search is not working on doc, xls, ppt and doc file format

hemanth acharya January 11, 2015

Hi All,

I am doing a search on the top right corner in our confluence instance. According to this link : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Searching+Confluence#SearchingConfluence-Searchingthecontentofattachments  it should search the search string in the mentioned doc, but for us contents of only txt and html gets searched, rest of them are not searched. I checked the modules that are enabled for the "Attachment Extractor" plugin and all are enabled.

Is it a bug or am I doing anything wrong. Please suggest.

We have confluence 5.5.2.

Thanks!

Hemanth

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hemanth acharya January 16, 2015

Hi All,

The solution was to enable some of the modules that were in the 'Office connector plugin'. 

Here are the modules I enabled:

• Word Content Extractor
  • Powerpoint 97 Content Extractor
  • Powerpoint 2007 Content Extractor
  • Excel 97 Content Extractor
  • Excel 2007 Content Extractor

For PDF attachments, please enable a module in the 'Attachment Extractors'

Thanks,

Hemanth

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Without knowing more about your environment, it COULD just be that you need to re-index your system. I've found that often if Confluence isn't able to find <X> where X is almost anything, a full system re-index solves it.

hemanth acharya January 12, 2015

Hi @Mike Rathwell , thanks for the answer, what more info do you need about my environment to answer this better? Also, by indexing you mean the "Content Indexing" that is available in the confluence right? Thanks

David Shapiro July 15, 2015

How do you all manage re-indexing? Shouldn't it re-index on its own or do it when new items are added itself? I can't believe I would be expected to run indexing manually. Please advise how it is supposed to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events