Confluence cloud unused categories

Hi,

When i deleted a space with a categorie, the category stays in the Space Directory. Is there anyway tot delete this category. There's no other space with that category, so it doesn't need to be there.

Alexander nicolapi

1 answer

0 vote

Alexander,

Per Use labels to Categories Spaces, the category should be removed from the Space Directory if there are no longer any spaces with that category. 

I can have a look for you, but I see 4 different Cloud accounts under your email address. If you can let me know which one I should be looking at, and the name of the category that no longer has spaces, I can see what the problem might be.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

https://testing127.atlassian.net/wiki

is about the category hr.

i have no spaces with that category.

delete categories.jpg

Hi Alexander,

I ran a select * from spaces; and it is showing a third space, called Lonen, with the key HR. 

When I look at the Space Directory then I can confirm that space is part of the HR Category.

As a site admin you can recover the permissions from the space that you're not able to see from the Space Permissions page.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Alexander,

One more thing; I thought it a bit strange that you can see the category even though you didn't have access to a space, but then I remembered that categories are label-based, which aren't restricted.

I was able to find the following feature request that might interest you if this is a concern:

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 6 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

71 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you