Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence cloud, open in office, continually prompted for credentials

John Maher January 20, 2015

I have confluence cloud.  I am trying to edit a word document using the edit in office button.  When it tried to download, a windows security window opens prompting me for credentials.  Neither my windows logon nor my atlassian cloud logon work and it won't allow the file to download.  This occurs both on Firefox (32.0.3) and IE11 (11.0.9600.17498).  I have not found any related questions that address this specifically.

John

7 answers

0 votes
Nelson Pereira May 2, 2017

Hi all,

Just check this new add-on! It may solve your problems. This Microsoft Office connector has a lot of features like multi cloud support and realtime co-editing:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cloud-files-google-drive-docs-office-365-documents-dropbox-topdox-for-confluence/cloud/overview

0 votes
Peng Deng August 3, 2015

Is there any fix for this?

I have tried FF (addon installed) and IE. Both asking 3 credentials for 3 times and shows a progress bar for downloading the word file and asking credentials for 3 times again and then failed.

• Windows 8.1
  • Office 2013
  • Confluence Cloud
0 votes
Robert Jung February 6, 2015

I'm having the same issue. The Webdav connector is installed for Firefox, but regardless of browser I use (IE, FF, Chrome), we're prompted to enter credentials three times, then it fails and Word shows a blank document.

This is a pretty critical feature for us - is there any solution or fix?

0 votes
John Maher January 21, 2015

Paulo,

I did install the FireFox Add on for Office Connector.  I do not have a ; in my password.

John

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2015

Hi John,

Have you installed the FireFox addon for Office Connector?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Installing+the+Firefox+Add-On+for+the+Office+Connector

Another question: Does your password contain a colon ';' character?

Regards,

Paulo.

0 votes
John Maher January 20, 2015

Paulo,

What I was hoping was that I could use the 'Open in Office' button to open the document and that when I did the edits and clicked save within the office program that it would automatically save back to the cloud.  With what you are suggesting, it adds additional steps.  I need to download, then open the file, then edit it, then save it, and then reupload/drag it back to the confluence.  What is the purpose of 'Open in Office' if it is not to automate this more?

John

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2015

Hi John,

You face this issue when you open the file from the browser or when you try to download it?

Try right-clicking on the file and  select "Save link as", then, save the file wherever you prefer.

Regards,

Paulo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events