Confluence-cli-2.6.0 can not restore local export file

Hi,Bob

The Confluence CLI add restoreExport function by 2.6.0, but when I cp the export xml file to home/restore directory and run the restoreExport command, error is below:

./confluence.sh --action restoreExport --file "export_xxx.xml" -v

Successful login to: http://xxx/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v1 by user: admin. Token is uG5rrU0reX
Post data: buildIndex=true&localFileName=export_xxx.xml
URL requested: http://xxx/admin/restore-local-file.action?os_username=admin&os_password=***
Request
type: POST
Content type: application/url_encoded
Post data: buildIndex=true&localFileName=restore%2Fexport_xxx.xml
Reading Key: JSESSIONID
Val: 02D29F930C0D5571E8E1443D08C3A90C
Response code: 200, message: OK, url: http://xxx/admin/restore-local-file.action?os_username=admin&os_password=***
Start
of response data: <title>com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.actions.RestoreLocalFileAction.action.name -

Remote error: No local file specified
org.swift.common.cli.AbstractRemoteClient$RemoteRestException: No local file specified
at org.swift.confluence.cli.ConfluenceRestClient.parseResultData(ConfluenceRestClient.java:167)
at org.swift.confluence.cli.ConfluenceRestClient.restRequest(ConfluenceRestClient.java:282)
at org.swift.confluence.cli.ConfluenceClient.restoreExport(ConfluenceClient.java:3861)
at org.swift.confluence.cli.ConfluenceClient.handleRequest(ConfluenceClient.java:658)
at org.swift.common.cli.AbstractRemoteClient.process(AbstractRemoteClient.java:119)
at org.swift.common.cli.CliClient.doWork(CliClient.java:298)
at org.swift.confluence.cli.ConfluenceClient.main(ConfluenceClient.java:130)
uG5rrU0reX logged out.

There is no file pass to the RestoreLocalFileAction,i guess, So can you help me to resolve it?

btw, we are on Confluence 3.5.13.

Regards,

Oliver

1 answer

For problems like this, please open an issue at Confluence Command Line Interface . However, I quick scan of the above shows a descrepancy between the command parameter you quoted: --file "export_xxx.xml" and the log showing: localFileName=restore%2Fexport_xxx.xml . The CLI does not insert a restore directory so are you sure you have provided the correct information. Also, double check by running the UI directly and verify the file shows up in the dialog. If you still have problems, create the issue.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,927 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you