Confluence can't be accessed after restart

Nicolás Coniglio January 14, 2019

Hello,

We can’t access to our Confluence Server after the server was restarted.

We can’t see any error or fail messages in the logs. We see all initialization with no problems and the message “Confluence is ready to serve”. The port is opened and all seems to works ok, but we can’t access to the Website. It’s not a networking issue.

We need to solve this as soon as posible because it is the only production site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Nicolás

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2019

Hello there Nicolás!

We may need a little bit more details on what is happening. Could you share the following with us:

1. What happens when you access Confluence site with your browser? Could you share a screenshot of it with us?
  2. Is the problem present when you use different browsers?
  3. Is the problem present when you try to access with different computers?
  4. Was the designated Confluence system user used to start the application? The designated user should be the one who owns and has full permissions on <confluence-home> and <confluence-install>
  5. Was there any change applied to <confluence-home> and/or <confluence-install> folders?
  6. Do you see any errors in the catalina.log log file?

Please, be careful to not disclose any sensitive information with the requests above.

Let us know!

Nicolás Coniglio January 15, 2019

Hello Diego!

I will ask one by one:

1. When I try to access, it takes a while loading, and after it shows "This site can't be reached, took too long to respond"
  2. Yes, it is not a browser or networking issue, because I can access other Confluence servers in the same phisical host. Also when this Confluence Server was working ok, we could access from the same PC and browser with any trouble.
  3. Yes, from every PC the behaviour is the same
  4. Yes, we are using a user with full privileges.
  5. Any
  6. We can't see any errors either on catalina.log or atlassian-confluence.log

Regards,

Nicolás

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hi again Nicolás, thanks for sharing this information with us!

What happens when you try to access Confluence via localhost in the server itself. Is the issue present even then?

Nicolás Coniglio January 16, 2019

Hello Diego,

Now I am crying, I was really sure that I had persisted the firewall rules, I always do, so the first thing that I discarded was a networking issue. Now after doing a bit of troubleshooting I started seeing things that pointed to a networking issue, so I checked the firewall and it was that! I didn't persist the configuration, so after restart the rules where gone.

Really I can't belive such mistake.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Regards,

Nicolás

Diego
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2019

Hi Nicolás! I am glad to know that you have found the root of the problems in your instance.

But fret not, everyone can be afflicted by this! Also, if you ever need assistance again Community™ is always open.

Let us know if there is anything we could assist you with!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events