Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - can not find user

James DeWinde May 6, 2014

On Confluence I have 2 users that I know about that will not show up when attempting to add them in an Event in Team Calendar or assign them a task with @.

In the Confluence Admin for User Managment they both appear as Users - but when I attempt to create an Event and assign to them - it shows that the user is not found.

Is there something I should check??

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James DeWinde May 13, 2014

The user logged in and can now be found. Looks like a combo of logging in for first time and rebuilding the index resolved our issues. Thanks.

0 votes
James DeWinde May 13, 2014

The user logged in and now we can see them. The Confluence system was built some time back and the user although active (not disabled) had not logged onto our AD environment so for some reason it would not show. Thanks - looks like between the rebuild and have them login in the issues are fixed.

0 votes
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Hello James,

I would like to recommend you to Rebuild the Content Indices from Scratch.

Cheers,

Saleh

James DeWinde May 7, 2014

We will look to perform a rebuild but I will need to schedule a down time with the users.

As For login info - one user has logged in capeltz and the other gmarriott has not.

For capeltz - here is his info and groups attached too:

<label id="user.name-label" for="user.name"> User </label> capeltz
<label id="user.fullName-label" for="user.fullName"> Full Name </label> Peltz, Christopher A
<label for="email.name">Email</label> Christopher_Peltz@xxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx
<label id="directory.name-label" for="directory.name"> Directory </label> JIRA Server
<label id="${parameters.id}-label" for="$parameters.id"> Created </label> 02 04, 2014 14:43
<label id="${parameters.id}-label" for="$parameters.id"> Last Updated </label> 04 25, 2014 11:10
<label for="login.section.name">Login</label>
Last Login: 04 25, 2014 11:10 Current Failed Login Count: 0
<label for="groups-name">Groups</label>

For gmarriott - here is their info and groups attached too:

<label id="user.name-label" for="user.name"> User </label> GMarriott
<label id="user.fullName-label" for="user.fullName"> Full Name </label> Marriott, Gail
<label for="email.name">Email</label> Gail_Marriott@xxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx
<label id="directory.name-label" for="directory.name"> Directory </label> JIRA Server
<label id="${parameters.id}-label" for="$parameters.id"> Created </label> 02 04, 2014 14:43
<label id="${parameters.id}-label" for="$parameters.id"> Last Updated </label> 02 28, 2014 17:35
<label for="login.section.name">Login</label>
Current Failed Login Count: 0
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

James,

Those configurations look ok, I would also recommend to rebuild the indeces from Scratch.

Best regards,

Peter

James DeWinde May 7, 2014

We performed the Rebuild process...and then could not see any users....so from the Confluence Admin - performed the Admin / Content Indexing....took about 3min.

After this the chris id now is found - but the marriott id still is unknown.

Suggestions?

salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi James,

Have you tried rebuild the content indicies from scratch by following steps?

1. Shut down your Confluence server.
    • If these folders exist, make a backup of them, as their contents cannot be rebuilt:
    • <confluence-home>/index/plugin - this is where the Usage Tracking plugin stores the usage statistics.
    • <confluence-home>/index/edge - this is where the index of Likes and Popular Content are stored.
    • Remove the <confluence-home>/index directory.
  2. If you made a backup of the folders in Step 2, create <confluence-home>/index, and copy the backups in to it.
  3. Restart Confluence.
  4. If restarting Confluence doesn't trigger the re-index task (troubleshooting issue in the same Confluence version), perform manual index rebuilding as described in Content Index Administration.

For further more details about above steps please take a look at our documentation about Rebuild the Content Indices from Scratch.

Cheers,

Saleh

James DeWinde May 8, 2014

As I already responsed - yes this was performed. And still can not access the one user.

Suggestions.....

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

James,

Can the marriot id log in?

Best regards,

Peter

James DeWinde May 9, 2014

Not at the moment - but I don't understand why that would matter - in a Event - for a user - it lists lots of users that are not Confluence - but that are in our AD.

Since the Rebuild did not correct this - this question more seems like a Bug - how can an issue be opened???

0 votes
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2014

Have they been able to log in to Confluence?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2014

Hi James,

Are the users active?

Do they have access right to confluence?

Best regards,

Peter

James DeWinde May 6, 2014

Yes the users appear to be active - here is one from the Confluence Admin:

And if I attempt to add them for an Event in Team Calendar I get the No User error:

Like Celik Vedat likes this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2014

Hi James,

I'm unable to see the image you've uploaded.

Could you try again?

Could you list the groups the users are part of?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events