Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence avatars turned pink after upgrade

David Du Buron June 21, 2017

Hello,

Last week we upgraded our Confluence Server to the latest version. For the most part everything seems to have gone well. Yet there has been one annoying issue. Every user avatar on Confluence now seems to be pink. One of our users was able to work around the issue by re-uploading his avatar image. To avoid forcing the entire company from having to do that, is there anything that can be done on the server side to fix the issue?

I saw there was an issue reported last year about all Confluence avatars showing as broken image links. That issue was apparently fixed by clearing cache. I have tried that (even though it didn't seem like a perfectly analogous issue) and that had no effect.

You can see the issue in the below image. My avatar on our internal confluence SHOULD be the same as it is on this community site.

PinkConfAvatars.png

- Dave

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Confluence 6.3.0 was released some days ago, and as far as I remember there was a bug mentioned in the release notes, related to weird avatar images. I'd definitely check that!

David Du Buron June 22, 2017

It was version 6.2.3 (at least I don't see a 6.3) which was released YESTERDAY. Looks like I'm doing another upgrade.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/issues-resolved-in-6-2-3-918257892.html

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Yea, sorry, I also read the "Preparing for 6.3" page the same days and I mixed up things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events