Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence anonymous access from intranet

Maximilian_Wassenberg August 29, 2016

Hello to all,

we use Confluence as a self hosted server in a DMZ.

It's possible to Access the Server from Intranet and Internet.

At this Moment we disabled the anonymous Access. We don't want that the Content is accessable for all.

We have some spaces we want to make read only for everyone in our Company.

This anonymous Access should only work if you open the System from our Company lan.

If you are an user from the Internet a Login must be required.

How can we realise this?

image2016-8-30 10:3:24.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Confluence does not allow different security settings based on where you visit it from.

Assuming you have someone quite technical there and use windows you could set up a local bounce box, which authenticates using SSO using Oauth via NTLM, which would automatically log the user in and allow full read only access, restricted based on if a user is logged in or not. This would additionally allow users to login externally and work from home.

Maximilian_Wassenberg August 30, 2016

The Problem is, that we are a large company. We don't want to buy so much licenses at this moment. So all users without an account should have anonymous rights without obtaining an extra license

0 votes
Julia Erdel September 19, 2017

@Maximilian_Wassenberg

Hi Maximilian,

you had a great idea I want to use but I have no idea how to set this up.

Any tipps?

Julia

0 votes
Maximilian_Wassenberg August 30, 2016

What do you think about this idea:

Use a Apache Reverse Proxy. Identify if the traffic comes from Internet or Intranet.

If traffic source is Intranet: Allow full access

If traffic source is Internet: Check if User has a Confluence Session ID. If not Redirect to loginpage. Deny all Pages if user has no cookie

Julia Erdel September 19, 2017

Hi Maximilian,

you had a great idea I want to use but I have no idea how to set this up.

Any tipps?

Julia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events