Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence and/or Jira?

James Deak September 11, 2013

Hello! I have a company that sells and installs home cinema equipment and I'm wondering if Confluence or Jira can be what we are looking for. From what I'm reading Jira (and Confluence?) is aimed at developers, but maybe it'll work for us as well?

What I'm looking for:

1. Tasks/ticket/to-do. One employee should be able to assign a task to another employee or group of people and then have the ability to follow it up and see when it's solved.

2. Calendar. When a client buys a system from our store the sales person should be able to book a appointment with any of our installer employees. Then inside this appointment it would be great if you could add extra tasks.

Is confluence and/or jira something for us? Maybe we don't need Jira? Confluence is enough?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
James Deak September 12, 2013

Thanks! We are 15 users though so it's gonna be quite expensive to buy both Confluence and Jira. I saw that confluence had some tasks or something. Can I use that as "tickets"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

Yes, but they are basic compared with Jira.

This blog explains it far better than I do, even though it is for Confluence 4. http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/09/confluence-101-keep-your-team-on-track-with-tasks/

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Hi James!

Seems like Jira and Confluence are just what you need. Jira for the tickets and Confluence with Team Calendars for calendars.

You'll be able to create an Application Links between them and then create the tickets directly through Confluence, so it will be easier to your final users.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events