Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence and Service Desk Cloud/Server Hybrid Solution

Ken Conaway October 20, 2015

I'm inquiring about doing a hybrid solution for JIRA Confluence as a local server installation and having it integrate with a cloud instance of Service Desk. My organization wants to pursue both products for use for our internal knowledge base/collaboration suite as well as have our internal help desk on a cloud instance. Has anyone else been in this situation and if this is possible, what are the best practices in getting this set up? Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

I'm afraid your wording is a little confusing - what's "JIRA Confluence"?

Do you mean you have JIRA and Confluence installed locally, and you want to integrate it with JIRA Service Desk on Cloud?  Or just Confluence locally to be hooked up to Cloud JIRA Service Desk?

Ken Conaway October 20, 2015

Confluence will be installed locally and Service Desk would be in the cloud ideally.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2015

Ok, I thought it might be that, but wanted to check. Yes, you should be able to fully integrate them - Service Desk and Confluence interact over application links and you can set those up on Cloud. You may have issues with SSL, but rather than worry about that now, I'd simply fire up an evaluation Confluence and try to hook it up to Cloud SD and see how you get on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events