cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence and JIRA in Chrome @ referencing people

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

In Confluence and Jira in Chrome when I try to reference a user with @ it only works with their email and not their name

So for example for one user jk whose name is Jeff, under Firefox I can type "@" and then Jeff and find him in the search list.   Under Chrome "J" shows him and then "Je" he disappears from the search list.  Is this a known Chrome thing?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

I see JIRA is affected as well. Does your IT department have your team on a specific version of Chrome?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

weird

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

OK this is weird in looking up the version in about I notice it said there is one more step to finish the upgrade, which I clicked to go ahead and do and now I do not see the problem. Call it a version glitch... closed.

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Version 37.0.2062.120 m Latest...

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Okay, "both" really is not clear enough. I use Chrome on a PC and a Mac and I do NOT have this issue on THIS website (answers.atlassian.com) or our own company instance. The popup shows up and I do not have to enter their email alias manually. Please clarify of my ALL situations as they work or don't work. Your specific issue is as follows: "When using our own Confluence, Chrome Users who are using the @mention function are unable to see the popup if they type more than one letter." Is this correct?

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

Both. I am mostly concerned about my user base (500 users). I have noticed this for some time We are on version 6.3.4 of JIRA and 5.5.4 of Confluence, but have noticed it since Confluence V4. I just assumed that was a chrome bug, but a user complained so I am investigating. All users on all systems as far as I know see it. Try from chrome finding yourself by name (assuming your email is different from your name). It is just the pop up search window where it does not show.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

That's crazy. Does it happen here on atlassian Confluence Questions or is it JUST your instance? Does it work on other computers or does everyone using chrome on your instance see this issue?

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

OK I have a user who name is John Doe and whose email is kkd@example.com, Typing @ John does not find him in Chrome (it does in Firefox and IE) Only @ kkd works in Chrome. They both work in IE and FF.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

What do you mean by, "it works with their email"? Your description only states that using anything but the first letter doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events