Confluence accessibility after an IP change

Lewis Loren January 6, 2016
We have JIRA and Confluence installed in a  CentOS environment on a VM.
We recently Moved the VM containing JIRA/Confluence to a new machine, which altered the IP address.
JIRA continued to function and while the Confluence login screen was accessible, it was not possible to log in to Confluence.
We Added the new IP address to Tomcat’s server.xml but this did not resolve the issue.  The Confluence login screen was accessible, but login failed.
We logged into JIRA and the JIRA application noticed that the IP address had changed and asked if
we wanted to update the IP address.  We accepted the change to the IP address but this did not
resolve the issue.  The Confluence login screen was accessible but login failed.
In JIRA, went to user management and modified the application settings for Confluence by changing the IP address to the new one.
This last changed caused the Confluence to stop responding we also get a "network error" when trying to login through Confluence.  Additionally, we were unable to find any error messages in the Confluence logs.
Does the Confluence IP address need to be modified in some additional place and if so where, or is this the result of some other issue?
Thanks!

6 answers

0 votes
david levy October 13, 2018

Exactly the same issue. No suggestion ?

0 votes
IT Support July 5, 2018

Experiencing exactly the same issue - has anyone resolved this? No error logs at all but just "sorry, unable to login...". Shambles.

0 votes
Daniel Ramos April 25, 2016

Anyone have any updates on this? I, too, had an emergency change in the host's IP address that both JIRA and Confluence were running on. Already updated the server.xml to reflect the new IP and neither services are accessible. Where else do I need to reflect the new IP?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

What is the user server, JIRA User server? Please tail both JIRA and Confluence's logs while attempting a login, there should be no question as one of the machines should output the answer. If you're using Crowd you should tail that as well.

0 votes
Lewis Loren January 6, 2016

Yes, JIRA/Confluence was on a single VM and that VM was moved to a new server which caused a change in the IP address to JIRA/Confluence. To the best of my knowledge, the ports have not changed.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Can I just clarify that when you say you are hosting both JIRA and Confluence on the same VM is this the same as before? Were you previously accessing using different IP addresses or different ports?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events