It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence access look like as JIRA

Hi!

Now JIRA access looks as checkbox for user profile. And if user haven't access JIRA sees all users. But confluence can't see users before users don't be add to access group

How add JIRA permission access behavior to Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes

You don't.  Jira and Confluence are very different systems with very different access models.  A lot of the permissions in one of them have no analogy in the other.

What you can do is use a shared user directory and set up single groups that grant various access in both systems at the same time, but that's about it.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ No. We can use JIRA as Crowd Server (Jira User Server) for Confluence. I mean next:

8116af028d02.jpgHow to add confluence in this section after add from JIRA User Server ?

That's nothing to do with what you asked.  That's about group management, not permissions.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ This group for permissions access

And your point is?

If w use JIRA User Server for Confluence, how we can more userfriendly (like as this for JIRA SD) add users in permissions group

How would you like the permissions to be more "user friendly"?  I think they're pretty clear and easy to use already, and I can't think of a way to simplify them without making them less useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

3,140 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you