Confluence: a nightmare to make simple things.

Hi,

I want to insert a simple iFrame on Confluce. I appreciate the 3rd party plugin that allows me to do it. But... do I really need to install another 3rd party license plugin and answer a lot of mandatory questions before to get a license?.... And all those things to use one iFrame???

I guess Atlassian respects their partners and does not compete with them, but something basic features should not be handled by partners in that way.

Likely there was a meeting within Atlassian about it: business managers vs product managers. And the business managers won, so the product lost.

Regards,

Pablo.

2 answers

Hi, does the xhtml macro that comes with Confluence out of the box not work for you? It's disabled perhaps in your instance. You just have to enable it.

Can pages from other servers (http://...) be rendered by using the xhtml macro? I got an error:

Unable to render {include} You can only link to a page or blog post.

This isn't a question.

For what you are trying to do, I imagine you could use the HTML Macro which has a {html-include} that allows you to retrieves content of an external html page and inserts it in the page. It is by Atlassian. Not sure why it is listed as a plugin, and not freely available with Confluence by default but I guess they're scared of cross-scripting attacks.

It got superceded by the xhtml macro?

I thought this maybe the case but why didn't they mark it obsolete like their code macro?

Having a closer look, the xhtml macro only acts as include page. Rather than adding pure html, include page of html and rss content to the page, so your way wouldn't work without a third party addition like HTML Marco.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,570 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you